noveske
Diskutujúci
Dátum registrácie: 11 Jan 2010, 15:08
Tatry, ktoré vlastním: 1978 813
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

t813 engine temperature

Príspevok od užívateľa noveske » 26 Jan 2010, 05:46

Two questions please:

1. What is the recommended operating temperature of the T813 930-3 engine?

2. Is there a chart to show adjustment of the air flow curtain to regulate engine temperature?

Thanks,

Dve otázky, prosím:

1. Aká je odporúčaná prevádzková teplota 813 930-3 motor?

2. Existuje graf ukazovať úprave opony prúdenie vzduchu pre reguláciu teploty motora?

Vďaka,

Užívateľov profilový obrázok
Tatradak
Diskusný nováčik
Dátum registrácie: 09 Jan 2010, 18:30
Tatry, ktoré vlastním: Nemám Tatru/nechcem uviesť, akú Tatru mám
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Re: t813 engine temperature

Príspevok od užívateľa Tatradak » 10 Feb 2010, 23:19

Hi,

The operating oil temp of the 930 motor should be min 60 upto 80 degree C. But this is impossible on a hot day because the oil cooler is not big enough if towing heavy loads. I have seen 130 C! The motor burns cleaner the hotter it is, hot is good as far as I am concerned.

Tatra used a basic thermostat control sender (see attached diagram)to control the oil flow, it was unreliable so took it off(I have never seen one fitted). The new 928 motor has a basic electronic control system with thermo couple probes in the cylinder heads.......it will take a good bit of writing to exsplain so email at malc.doug@yahoo.co.uk if you want more info/photos.

Basically the system works like this - the oil is up to operating temp, the engine is under low load the oil to the fan coupling is closed, if the oil/cylinder head exceeds operating temp the oil flow is open so to power the fan even if the oil is cold.

Hope that helps?

Kind Regards

Malcolm
Prílohy
site 7.jpg
Fan control system for Tatra813-930 motor

noveske
Diskutujúci
Dátum registrácie: 11 Jan 2010, 15:08
Tatry, ktoré vlastním: 1978 813
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevok od užívateľa noveske » 11 Feb 2010, 05:55

On a normal winter day here, about 40-50f, the engine reads at about 40c, and smokes blue/grey. Once heated up and with a load, there is no smoke, and the thermostat reads about 80c. I have seen pictures of the 813 with the winter blanket. I can make one, and am wondering if there is any fold setting recommendations.

I wonder if my oil is circulating under temp like you have suggested.

I have manuals, pics attached

Diver's Manual for Tatra 813 (English)

Workshop Manual for the Tatra 813 8x8 Vehicle English)

Obrazova Cast Bildteil Table Section Rejstrik Registrierung Numerical Index (Drawings and part #s only)
Prílohy
tatramanuals.jpg

Tatradak
Diskusný nováčik
Dátum registrácie: 09 Jan 2010, 18:30
Tatry, ktoré vlastním: Nemám Tatru/nechcem uviesť, akú Tatru mám
Kontaktovať užívateľa:

Príspevok od užívateľa Tatradak » 11 Feb 2010, 21:38

Hello Malcolm,

Thanks for your responses on the Tatra Forum. I was beginning to loose hope that could find some help.

I posted some pics of the Tatra manuals I have. I could not find any information regarding the adjustment of the winter blanket. Your point of a faulty oil flow regulation system is very interesting. What would you recommend I do to inspect it's functionality?

I am already thinking of a few parts to order. Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

----John Noveske

Hi John,

There are only two ways to solve this problem in a satisfactory method, the so-called blanket is no good as the fan is still spinning, thus sucking air from somewhere.

The cheap and easy way is to redirect the output pipe from the side of the crank (that the oil flows in which powers the device that turns the shaft to the fan) by way of a new nylon 6mm/8mm tubing to the cab interia. Here connect that end to a controller/switch/tap etc (I have a very basic hydraulic screw tap that is mounted on the dash & easy to reach) the other end is then feed back and re-connected to the input banjo of the fan coupling.

Now all you do is close the tap on start up & low torque driving situations, but be warned IF YOU DRIVE UP A STEEP HILL THE OIL WILL STILL BE COLD BUT THE CYLINDER HEAD TEMP WITH DRAMTICALLY RISE, in this case you must fully open the tap even though the oil temp is still cold.

Additionally to this if the temp is really cold 2c and below on average then you can close the tap to the oil cooler mounted in the rad grill (positioned on the engine block next to the input/output oil pipes), I do this during the winter months.

The second system is the T815 method with a small ECU controller, sensors, warning lights electro-magnetic switches etc. The whole system is around GBP500 and you still need to drill the cylinder heads, fix the warning light and do the wiring etc, please see attached photo.

The driver manual you have posted is very useful but limited, the problem with Tatra 813 manuals you need all of them to see the whole picture so to speak.

I spent 3 years collecting all the info availible about the T813, it takes up 3 cd's!

Regards

Malcolm
Prílohy
T815 basic fan electronis sytem.JPG
T815 basic fan electronis sytem.JPG (40.96 KiB) 7156 zobrazení

Napísať odpoveď

Kto je prítomný

Užívatelia prezerajúci toto fórum: Žiadny pripojení užívatelia a 38 neregistrovaných