The car actually drove magnificently for 6 months, through winter and all (and Danish winters are rough!). Not a drop of oil spilt. But as soon as the weather started getting better, the Tatra got worse
During Easter the petrol pump gave up, and I had to work out which type it is, and how to get a replacement. On the injection Tatras, the high pressure pump is situated inside the right tank (which I had just filled the day before) - what a mess.
With the car back on the road, I then decided it was time to change the exhaust, as the car was getting exceedingly noisy. That should at least be an easy task!
It took a full day just to get the old one off. And then I had to spend ages modifying the new exhaust support brackets that I had bought. They had been made especially in 1.5 mm stainless steel to prevent them from breaking, which - as we all know - is the no. 1 most common reason for Tatras loosing thir exhausts
The bracket were nice and solid, they just didn't fit. But I MADE them fit....
The very next day, the clutch release bearing gave up
I have not had a lot of spare time this Spring, due to many other commitments. So now the car has been standing for a long time with the engine out, getting a new clutch plate, clutch cover og release bearing. - And also getting some welding done in a hard-to-see area. However, now I hope - I SINCERELY HOPE - that it will be back on the road again within a day or two AND that it will now be a reliable and trustworthy car again for a foreseeavle future.
I have taken a few pictures of the engine-out job, and I will post them on this site, when I get finished and have time to spare.